Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Weight Loss Diary: 6/3/12

Hello Everyone! 
I've started keeping a weight loss diary and I thought I would publish some of my entries on this blog! This entry was written a couple weeks ago. Enjoy!

6/3/12
190 lbs.
30 lbs. lost- 30 lbs. to go

This weekend I definitely had a couple of mini victories!! Yesterday, mummy (I think I like calling her that HA!) and I went to JCPenney at the Mall of Louisiana because I had to be in BR for a rehearsal. I picked out a couple of fun dresses that I could wear to church on Sundays. My mom picked up a dress for me telling me it was my size, which is now a 14. Little did I know until I went to zip it up, it was a 12! “I might as well quit while I’m ahead and take this off” I thought to myself. But, it zipped up with not much effort!! The dress looked pretty darn good on me too. I haven’t fit in a 12 since I was about 12 or 13 years old HAHA! My confidence went through the roof after that shopping trip.

Then today, I decided to try on the dress that I wore for my high school graduation. It was a size 16W (for those of you that don’t know, a 16W is bigger than a regular 16). Now, I remember when I wore this dress last May that it was a little big on the bust, but when I put on today it swallowed me everywhere!! It’s so rewarding to know that all of my hard work has paid off. 

This week I suddenly realized that back when I was 220 lbs. I had a lot of dark moments. I remember countless times feeling like I didn’t deserve to have so many friends and to be happy because I was so fat. I remember thinking I was less of a person even though I was technically more of a person as far as size goes. I also remember always thinking from the time I was probably in middle school that I was meant to be fat. I thought I was “Big boned”. Since I’ve started losing weight, I’ve started to feel so much better about myself. I actually deserve to be happy and to lose all this excess weight. I want the rest of my life to be a healthy one! 

Just so you can see how far I've come:


XOXO
Rachel

1 comment:

  1. Rachel, you are looking so fantastic! I've always thought you were such a beautiful person, both inside and out! I'm so happy to see your confidence growing. You DO deserve to be happy :)

    ReplyDelete