Wednesday, July 21, 2010

And the Verdict is...

So i just found out whether i got in the production of "Hairspray" that i was auditioning for and...i didn't get in. but don't worry about me, i really didn't get my hopes up for this one. although it would've been a really fun show to be in, it just wasn't meant to be.

I was very proud of myself after the audition though. My singing audition was pretty much perfect as far as "audition etiquette" goes (i most likely didn't spell that right). I greeted the audition panel with a pleasent "hi how are you?" and told the accompaniast exactly how i wanted the song to be played. then i slated for the panel, which means telling them your name and what song you're singing. I sang the song perfectly as far as my standards go (i'm not being cocky here) and then the director asked for me to do some scales to see how high my belting range is. now, mind you, i'm no belter and i'll be the first to admit it, so it didn't take long for me to go into my mixed range haha! Then i politely told the panel that was as high as my belting would go. then we exchanged some thanks you's and it was done.

Then came the dance audition. that part went really well, too i think. i am my worst critic so i would admit if the audition went badly. honestly though i'm a pretty good mover, but will never be in ballet company or anything. the dance was also really fun and i got to show my personality, which was great. Then it was over and i didn't get a callback, which i expected. So i went home and created this blog haha!

now i know what you're thinking, "if your audition was so good why didn't you get in the show?". well, just because an audition goes well doesn't mean you'll get casted. I simply wasn't fit for the ensemble or any role for that matter, and i'm ok with that. it's just one show and one audition. maybe i'll be fit for the next show i audition for. we'll just have to see.

XOXO
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment