Monday, July 19, 2010

First Blog Post

So my main blog is linked to my youtube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/broadwaybound121492) which is about all things beauty, but i wanted to make a blog about my personal life because the viewers on my channel and beauty blog aren't interested in my life, which is understandable. here's the link to my beauty blog if you're interested: http://broadwaybound121492.blogspot.com/

This blog is going to be centered around my life as of now. right now my life is great. my summer has been filled with shows and auditions. some weeks back i was in a production of "The King and I" where i played Lady Thiang (yes it was an asian role, but i was convincing with the make-up haha!). it was such a great experience for me because i got along with a lot of the cast and i love the show so much! also the song i got to sing ("Something Wonderful") is so beautiful and i enjoyed singing it every night the show was running. Now i'm in a production of "The Music Man" with a very professional company. this company is so professional that people would kill just to be in the ensemble! so you could imagine my excitement when i got the letter saying that i got in weeks after the auditon. the show opens in about 2 weeks, and i'm loving every minute of rehearsal.

Right now i'm currently going into my senior year in high school. I can't believe how quickly high school has gone by! This year is going to be all about looking for/preparing songs and monologues for college auditions since i know i want to major in musical theatre in college. I'm also planning on doing some shows throughout the year, which i know will add some stress in my life but i know i can handle it. Just yesterday i auditioned for a production of "Hairspray" and we're supposed to find out about the casting tomorrow, so i'll mention it in my next post whether i got casted or not.

That's about it for now. I hope people start following this blog!

XOXO
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment